Community Notices & AnnouncementsThe "Local Events Community Calendar" on the County of Trempealeau website is dedicated to the posting of community notices and announcements for upcoming events. The Local Events Community Calendar is limited to announcements and notices intended to inform residents and visitors about upcoming community events. "Community event" includes any charitable, educational, cultural or recreational event taking place in the County of Trempealeau. Submission of events by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
All event postings shall be moderated by Trempealeau Counties Economic Development & Tourism Coordinator, who shall review and approve all event submissions for conformance to acceptable event standards.
All County of Trempealeau Local Event Community Calendar submitters shall be clearly identified by their event submissions. Anonymous posting of events is not allowed. All event postings must be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information, including a name, email address and phone number. In order to provide timely notification about your event, requests must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the date of the event. We will do our best to approve events within 48-72 hours of submission to calendar. You are responsible for checking the Local Event Community Calendar webpage to ensure your event has been posted and all of the information is accurate. There is no charge for submitting an event to the county local event calendar.
Requirements & Restrictions
Notices and announcements are limited to:
- The name of the group, organization or person sponsoring the event
- A concise description of the event
- Date of the event
Members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the County of Trempealeau Local Event Community Calendar, if that event is open to the general public, occurs within the boundaries of the county and meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another government agency or municipality;
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board;
- Organized by a county-affiliated group;
- An organization identified as eligible for county funding or community grants;
- Organized by a private business or organization as long as the event is a legitimate tourist draw to the county
- Funded in full, or in part, by the county;
- Sponsored by the county;
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the county;
- Organized by a service club operating within the county that performs work that benefits county citizens;
- Organized by a business improvement area for general promotional purposes;
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the county;
- Organized by a business or private citizen solely for the benefit of a government agency, municipality, or registered charitable organization(s); or
- Is an appropriate, family safe community event that is not-for-profit and open to all members of the public (all-ages).
The calendar editor reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity. At the discretion of the Information Technology department, certain events may also be featured in county publications.
The county reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed a violation of this Community Calendar policy or any applicable law. Events submitted to the County of Trempealeau Local Events Community Calendar containing any of the following forms of content shall not be approved for posting:
- An online event (such as a webinar)
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind; links to sexual content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Do not comply with local, state or federal legislation; and/or
- Events deemed by the county to be political in nature.
The County of Trempealeau Local Events Community Calendar is provided as a community service to Trempealeau County citizens and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated, the County of Trempealeau does not endorse or verify the information included. The County does not control or review the content or operation of the websites referenced in event postings. The County of Trempealeau does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness or security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The County of Trempealeau urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
The County of Trempealeau reserves the right to reject any calendar entry which does not comply with this policy.Events Calendar Request Form