Agenda's and Minutes
Membership is filled partially by designation, and partially by appointment. It includes the County Board Chair, County Board Vice-Chair, and three (3) additional Board Members. The Executive & Finance committee provides direction and supervision for the Veteran’s Services and Corporation Counsel departments. They also provide oversight for the County Clerk, Treasurer, and Register of Deeds offices. The committee is responsible for the formulating and managing the county budget.
Appointed By: Self-Filling/Appointed by County Chair
Term: 2 years
The Board meets on the 1st Monday of each month.
- Act on behalf of the Board when legal and when previously delegated by the Board.
- Direction and supervision of the Veterans’ Service, Corporation Counsel, Administrative Coordinator, and Information Technology.
- Oversight of the County Clerk, Register of Deeds and Treasurer Offices.
- Review and update County Board Rules during the odd numbered year prior to elections.
- Review Department, Agency and County policies for consistency as needed.
- Administer claims against the county under Sec. 59.07 Wis. Stats.
- Formulate a budget, hold public hearings, publish a budget summary, and approve budget transfers in accordance with Wis. Stat. § 65.90.
- Approve General Fund allocations.
- Monitor budget performance and county sales tax.
- Monitor delinquent real estate taxes.
- Identify overruns and recommend transfers from the General Fund.
- Review and authorize all General Fund requests in excess of $1,000.
- Administer the Travel & Expense Reimbursement policy.
- Jointly recommend salaries for elected officials in accordance with WI Stat. 59.22.
- Review requests to fill positions per County policy.
- Solicit bids and make recommendation on the selection of the County’s auditing firm.
- Designate public depository per WI Stat. 59.61.
- Designate a newspaper for publishing required legal notices.
- Review and approve the County’s HIPAA policies.
|Chuck Walek, Chair||April 2022|
|John Aasen, Vice Chair||April 2022|
|George Brandt, Secretary||April 2022|
|Richard Sacia||April 2022|
|Tim Zeglin||April 2022|
For more information about the Exec/Finance Committee that is not addressed on the County's website please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (715) 538-2311.