All Agenda's and Minutes
Five (5) Board Members, two (2) of which also serve on the Extension Education & Communication Committee, three (3) of which represent predominantly rural areas of the County, and two (2) of which represent predominantly urban areas of the County, Two (2) Non-Board Members, one (1) of which is primarily engaged in livestock agriculture and one (1) of which represents the interests of the Town Boards, The Farm Service Agency (FSA) Board Chair (or his/her designee), whom shall receive copies of all meeting agendas and serves as a member of the committee on such agenda items as required by WI Stat. 92.
Board Members of the Environment and Land Use Committee shall serve 2-year terms commencing in April of even numbered years, Non-Board Members shall serve 2-year terms commencing in April of odd numbered years.
A quorum for this committee is defined as a majority of the authorized number of committee members. The authorized number of committee members shall be seven (7) unless the meeting agenda includes items as required by WI Stat. 92, at which time the authorized number of the committee members shall be eight (8).
Appointed by County Chair
Term: 2 years
The Board meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Direction and supervision of the Department of Land Management.
- Set policies for the Department of Land Management.
- Develop and maintain a County Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a County Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a County Land and Water Resource Management Plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a County Department of Land Management Plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Agricultural and Non-Agricultural Performance Standards and Prohibitions of NR 151.
- Ensure compliance with WI Stats. 20, 59, 60, 91, 92 and 281, and Administrative Rules A-E 7, NR 120, NR 151, ATCP 50, and ATCP 51.
- Conduct Public Hearings as required.
- Carry out the duties of the Land Conservation Committee and the Planning & Zoning Committee as referenced in WI Stats. and local ordinances.
|Kellen Nelson, Chair||April 2024|
|David Larson, Vice Chair||April 2024|
|Randy Severson, Secretary||April 2023|
|Dawn Waldera||April 2024|
|Stacey Klein||April 2024|
|Anthony Monson||April 2023|
|Andy Todd||April 2024|
For more information about the Environmental & Land Use Committee that is not addressed on the County's website please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (715) 538-2311