Permits & Applications

Permits & ApplicationsImportant! - Prior to doing any construction, earth moving, filling or grading in Trempealeau County please contact the Department of Land Management for information on any applicable local regulations. 

Trempealeau County is zoned. Please contact the Department of Land Management at 877-538-2311 ext. 223 before beginning a construction project to see if any permits are required.

Building Construction Permits Information: This ordinance includes the construction and inspection of all new construction and of alterations and additions to one- and two-family dwellings. Please review UNIFORM DWELLING CODE - CHAPTER 23 for detailed explanation of permit requirements.

NOTE: There will be (at minimum) one week "turnaround time" on all permits. Please plan accordingly.


Public Hearings

Public Hearing InformationFeesPermit fees must be submitted to the Department of Land Management along with the completed permit application. A permit application will not be processed until all application fees are paid. Make checks payable to the "Trempealeau County Department of Land Management".

Fee Schedule Worksheet
Double Fees If a construction project including any earth moving, filling or grading is done prior to all applicable permits being issued by the Department of Land Management fees will be doubled.
Contact Us
715-538-2311 ext. 223

18600 Hobson Street
Whitehall, WI 54773-8614

Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Closed Major Holidays

Credit Cards Accepted

Tree Orders   FruitTree2

ELU Committee

Board of Adjustment