Masks work to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. By making the pledge, you ensure all staff are wearing masks at all times and signage is posted strongly encouraging your customers to wear masks. Wearing masks will protect your employees and your customers while empowering our community!
Promote employee health by implementing a monitoring system for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each workday. Staff should remain at home when symptomatic (even when mild). Ask that all customers who develop symptoms of COVID-19 remain at home.
Increased sanitation is critical during this time. Safe sanitation practices must be followed including cleaning and sanitizing tables, hard surfaces, common areas, bathrooms, and high touch surfaces (menus, credit card terminals, etc.) regularly using CDC recommendations.
If someone in your organization becomes ill, and tests positive, you pledge to work with the Trempealeau County Health Department and all officials to identify and implement measures that will contain further transmission of the virus. We are all in this together!
SIX STEPS TO SUCCESS:
- Mask up: Require our staff to wear masks at all times, and post signage encouraging our customers to wear masks (per Emergency Order #1).
- Monitor employee health: Promote employee health by implementing a monitoring system for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each workday and require employees to remain at home when symptomatic (even if mild).
- Stay home: Ask all customers who develop symptoms of COVID-19—or know they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19—to remain at home.
- Clean surfaces: Implement increased safe sanitation practices regularly by following the CDC guidelines for business.
- Physical distance: Ensure my organization meets physical distance guidelines of six feet or more, and post signage encouraging my customers to observe physical distancing. When physical distancing cannot be met, proper protocols are in place to ensure safety of employees and customers (e.g. face masks required, physical barriers in place, etc.)
- Wash hands: Provide hand sanitizer at all entrances, and handwashing stations for my employees and customers.
Additional precautions should be taken based on our risk status and your type of organization. Visit the Organization Resources section for a full list of recommendations.
For additional questions, contact the Trempealeau County Health Department at 715-538-2311 ext 220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adapted from the La Crosse County Health Department Check the Spread initiative.