Registration of Firm Names - DirectionsFormAcrobat Reader is required to view this form. Download Acrobat Reader here .
- You may register your firm name with the Register of Deeds if your firm is a
- sole proprietorship
- general partnership or
- If your firm is a corporation or limited partnership, you need to register it with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) Corporations Section, 345 W. Washington Ave., 3rd Floor, P.O. Box 7846, Madison, WI 53707-7846. Phone number (608) 261-7577.
- For firm names to be registered in this office use the REGISTRATION OF FIRM NAMES form. The form may be printed from this web page. It must be completely filled out legibly, using black ink. Your signature must be notarized, so do not sign until you are witnessed by a notary public.
- Before filling out the form, please check to make sure no one else in Trempealeau County is using your desired firm name. You should check the telephone directory and the real estate index in this office. Finally check the DFI corporation names index .
- The fee for recording a firm name document is $30.00
The form must be filled out completely (remember to put return address & drafter on the document), check or money order and mail to:
Rose Ottum, Register of Deeds
P.O. Box 67
Whitehall, WI 54773
along with a check for the recording fee.