Is Your Document Ready to Be Recorded?Please make sure all of the following items are correct:
- Only original documents or certified copies may be recorded.
- Pages must be white, standard weight, and either letter or legal sized. No hinged pages. Ink must be black.
- The document must be legible and reproducible.
- There must be a blank 3" by 3" space in upper right hand corner for the register's recording stamp.
- The return address must be located either directly under the recording area or on the left within the top 3" of the page.
- All pages must have a minimum 1/2" margin across the top. The first page must have minimum 1/4" margins on sides and bottom.
- Signatures are notarized. Notary commission date stated.
- The proper fee must accompany the document.
- The name of the document drafter must be present.
- Deeds, land contracts and judgments require the Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Form.
We will review your documents for these items but the ultimate responsibility for a complete and correct document is yours. Ask for assistance if you need it.